8.15.2006

Let's Get Funky!



Yay!!!! I signed up for the Funky Scarf swap - my first. I'm so excited, it's practically dorky. And I heard from my swap pal and have made initial contact with my own swap pal so we are good to go. I alresdy have some ideas of what I'd like to do, but it will depend on what my buddy likes. I've visited her blog and seen a few pictures, and think I'm starting to get a little sense of her style. But, OMG she is a good knitter! And I am not! Intimidation strikes! But at least I can knit scarves. Either that or a cat bed, so we're safe.

Now here is the questionnaire for my secret pal:

Let’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers?
No, just shrimp, pollen, and mold. Also math.

Do you prefer any fibers over others?
I prefer natural to synthetic, both to knit with and to wear. I'm not crazy about eyelash, scratchy, real fuzzy yarns or metallics.

Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!
Okay, here's some random stuff I would call funky.




Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern?
Funkyyyyarn!

What are your favorite colors?
Turquoise, blues and violets

What is your favorite piece of art?
I have too many to post! However, these 2 really speak to me:


(The one on the bottom was painted by an elephant, which is part of what I love about it. How funky is that?)

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face?
Red, green, yellow, beige

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl?
Scarf me!

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf?
Probably more long and thin.

What is the climate like where you live?
Everything, 4 true seasons.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe?
Surprise me!

What else would you like your partner to know about you?
I like things that are eclectic with a touch of exotic/world flavor. And I really, really, really want world peace. And a chunk of chocolate cake would taste really good right now.


Okay, this is probably way more info than anyone wants to know about me. I can't wait to find out what my secret buddy puts on her own list - after all I need to get to the lys ASAP! And buy yarn!!!! Maybe some new needles!!!! And maybe more yarn, 'cause...well, you know.

No comments: