Here's my questionnaire for the February color swap:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm a yarn snob, but not a label snob. I avoid anything that looks cheap, feels scratchy and rough, or comes in ugly colors. When I knit for loved ones or myself, I use higher end yarns like Cashmerino, Noro, and Manos. When I knit for charity, I use yarns that are washable and can be thrown in the dryer, but even then, I don't like Lion's Brand and absolutely no Red Heart because it's so harsh.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, but would like to when I have a lot more free time. I crocheted for years, but lost interest in it. I prefer knitting to crocheting now.
3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Lately, all I want to do with my free time (what little I have) is knit, knit, knit! But I occasionally will make beaded jewelry, sew home decor items and make silk and dried flower wreaths and arrangements.
4. What is/are your favorite yarns to knit with?
Merino! Love it, want to marry it. I love how its soft and squishy and bouncy all at the same time. In worsted weight or bulkier so I don't have to use little needles.
5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything that looks like a critter (furry, feathery, eyelashy) and anything that would feel at home in Vegas (shiny, sequiny, sparkly). Also, I do not like scratchy acrylics or wools. Or any kind of cotton that's not stretchy.
6. What is/are your current knitting obsessions?
I've been knitting 1 year this month and still consider myself inexperienced so I am obsessed with learning new stitches, patterns and techniques. Every time I make a new scarf or hat, I try to include something I haven't done before. Right now, I'm trying to understand how different stitches and stitch patterns affect the texture and "look" of the piece. My next goal is to learn how to knit cables.
7. What is/are your favorite items to knit?
So far, hats and scarves. I can experiment with different stitches, complete a project quickly, and there is a never-ending supply of people who need help staying warm.
8. What are you knitting right now?
I just finished a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I also knitted 3 hats for the Love Fund (a local charity for children). And I just finished my sister-in-law's Christmas scarf (which shall now be a Valentine's Day scarf).
I'm casting on a new scarf tonight. This one will be for me!
9. Are you a sock knitter?
No. Maybe one day. For now, I am intimidated by the thought of using such little needles - I feel like it will take forever.
10. What's your favorite color? Or - do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate?
I love most colors but prefer darker, rich colors for fall and winter knitting. I also love brights, like turquoise, grape, cobalt and lime green. I dislike pastels and cannot abide tans and beiges.
11.Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. But I wish for world peace.
12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Yes, I am allergic to smoke and certain perfumes. Thank God I'm not allergic to pets or wool!
13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions?
My beliefs prohibit me from eating sardines or doing unneccessary math.
14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and orange. And orange-vanilla. And lavender.
15. Do you burn candles?
16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth?
17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa?
I don't just drink coffee, I inhale it! I also like tea, but don't drink cocoa.
18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with a wonderful, exascerbating husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 foster puppies. And a zillion dust bunnies.
19. What are some of your favorite things?
My family and friends, my garden, anything to do with New Orleans, and of course, knitting.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Rabbits, even though I hate to see them in my garden.
21. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas because I love autumn and winter.
22. What is your birthday? (You don't have to tell the year)
In other news, guess what I came home to find last night? Hint: see the previous post minus one.
I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.