Greensburg Contest Extension!
I received a very nice comment from Laura (the Sugar Bunny who created theRebuilding Greensburg Block By Block idea. Now Laura is one of my real-life heroes - the kind of person who doesn't just get a good idea, but the kind of person who sticks with their good idea and carries it through. To date, she has received 1602 squares for the afghans that will be given to the residents of Greensburg, KS upon moving into their new homes. The current goal is for 2240 squares, which will make a total of 40 blankets. That's a whole lot of soft wooly hugs! I think she will pass this amount... I am predicting she will collect enough for 50+...that would mean she needs at least 1298 more squares...think we can help her do it?
When Laura asked if I could extend the contest deadline to August 1, how could I possibly say no? So this is the official notice that the Greensburg Squares contest is open through August 16. (This is a sentimental date for me because it was my mother's birthday). That means there's still plenty of time left for you to knit up lots more knitted love for these people who have lost everything. And just to further entice you, I will offer another prize! Can't tell you what it will be yet, but I've heard a rumor that my favorite LYS has gotten in some enticing new yarns and you know I will be checking it out! Okay, so let's recap how you can qualify for these tempting prizes:
1. Knit or crochet 8x8 squares, using the pattern on Laura's website.
2. Send your squares to Laura - she will need to have received them by August 16!!
3. Post a picture of your squares on your blog. (I love to check out knitting blogs!) (If you are currently blogless and you really want to be in the contest, this is a good reason to start a blog of your own!)
4. Leave me a comment and be sure to include a link to your blog. If you are vegan or allergic to wool, please let me know and I will send a critter-free yarn instead.
5. Everyone who sends at least one square will be entered into the random drawing.
6. There will be 2 additional prizes awarded to the 2 people who send in the most squares. PLEASE NOTE: I am also counting any additional items you knit/crochet to send along - hats, socks, mittens, scarves, etc.)
7. To be sure I have you entered in the contest, let me know when the pictures appear on your blog.
Start marking your calenders now if you can attend the Seaming Party on September 15! I'll be there!
Thanks to all of you who are participating. You're all winners!