1.17.2008

Hot Cocoa Topic of the Week

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

My knitting choices don't really follow a seasonal pattern concerning what I knit or the kind of yarn I use. If I see a pattern or yarn that I want to try, it doesn't matter what season it is. I knitted a kitty pi out of bulky wool in June when I first started knitting. I was so motivated, I didn't care how hot I'd get!.

But the seasons definitely influence the colors of the yarn I'm using. Right now, in the middle of winter, I am knitting with muted colors like pale teal and plum, heathery greys, and even black. Once the trees start to leaf out, I'll be reaching for springtime colors. And once we reach August, I pull out the gorgeous fall colors.

No comments: