1.13.2008

Knocking Out Some UFO's

In between taking down the Christmas decorations and running errands, I managed to get some knitting done and have a finished object to show for it.

I finished the black, green. and blue lengthwise scarf. The yarns used were: Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Raven and Thyme, and Lane Borgosesia Merinos Otto in color 8785. The scarf was knit with #9 Addi Turbo's. I cast on 260 stitches and knit the black stripes in garter stitch and the grey & green stripes in a moss stitch. Each black stripe contains 20 rows and the colored stripes contain 16 rows each. I really like the way this scarf looks, so if Mr. C doesn't like it, I think I'll keep it for myself.




I've also been hard at work on the Baby Einstein coat (AKA Baby Albert).


The body of the coat is finished and all that's left is adding the sleeves and sewing on the buttons.

And having a baby to put into the coat - but that's my neighbor's job - she's due on Tuesday so I may actually be able to give it to her before I go to New Orleans!

The secret snuggly toy for the Hot Cocoa swap is halfway finished, but I can't post photos until after the swap. The pattern is both cute and easy and it's something that I know my secret pal likes a lot.

I'm already mentally packing my knitting bag for the trip. I will bring a couple of the UFO's to complete, but I'd like to also start a dishcloth and a ski band. Of course, I'd bring all of my needles and my entire stash if I could, but I need to leave a little room for my clothes and Mr. C.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I really like the scarf too. I had never thought about mixing stitches like that, but it really gives the scarf some texture without a lot of work. Have a great trip to New Orleans!

Lapdog Creations said...

LOVE that scarf! I've been working on various UFO's this weekend myself...