5.10.2008

The Good-Swapping Karma Continues!

...with this fantastic package from my ISE6 pal, Nicole. Look at the wonderful goodies she sent:


First of all, the scarf is a gorgeous chevron pattern in one of my favorite colors of blue. It's not wool, but I'm not sure what it might be. I'm guessing a heavy silk. It looks hand-dyed and is spun with these pretty little blips. It's the perfect weight for spring and fall and I just love it! It also smells really good. Sadly, the pictures do not do it justice at all.

Silky, blippy goodness

Nicole also sent an incredibly beautiful glass bottle in an equally beautiful brocade bag. Again, the pictures don't do justice to how lovely it is. The painting is exquisite. The best part is that she chose it for me because of the dogs on either side. It is truly special!

Beagles!

Finally, she must have read my blog and decided that my brain has been rotting because I rarely read anymore. So she sent me 2 books. One of them, Family Tree, looks like the kind of book I enjoy - it's about relationships that are challenged, and (I assume) will be overcome by the end. Nothing gory or catastrophic, but I am sure I'll shed a few tears while reading. And the other is a book I've thought about buying for myself - the Yarn Harlot's book of knitting meditations. This is the kind of book I love to read (when I have time) - entertaining, informative, and easy to pick up and put down at bedtime. I started right in on it the first night I got it.

Nicole, thank you! You really made perfect choices and I love it all. You've been a great spoiler and I hope that you are also blessed with good-swapping karma! I recommend a visit to her blog for many reasons. She knits beautifully, knits for charity, posts gorgeous pictures (of food, among other things!), gardens and posts fudgy brownie recipes! She has great taste in movies, and has a cute husband.

So Nicole, if you ever find yourself in Kansas, please call me. We'll eat and hang out and talk about our kitties, knit hats, play canasta and watch some movies. Come soon and you can go back home with an Erin mini-me souvenir!


3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you like everything so much. The yarn is a cotton rayon blend that I picked up from a fiber arts store in Alexandria, VA. It is hand-spun and hand-dyed, definitely handwash only.

Lapdog Creations said...

Great package!

Anonymous said...

Ooh looks like you got some great stuff! :D I know what you mean about not reading - I love it so much, but it's so hard to find the time; most time I have free goes to knitting!