7.24.2006

Where Are The Baby Hats?



Now I could have sworn that I posted a blog with pictures of the baby hats I have completed for my charity Knitting group. But I can't find them anywhere! I can only attribute this to either an ADHD moment or a hormone moment, neither of which are pretty, let me tell you. Especially when it comes to remembering.

I discovered this fact when I went to send my first reply to the Knitting Novices group over at Yahoo, in which another novice asked for help with figuring out sizes for baby hats. I was going to use a link to this blog so she could see the pictures, and realized "What pictures?" This shook me up so much, i almost lost my courage to send the reply. You see, I've never done that sort of thing before. Isn't it amazing how such a small thing can make a person so nervous? Like, if I get it wrong, what will they do...fire me?

So here are the pictures, taken in my June garden:


So, in case you are wondering, here are the relevant facts.The pink/white/yellow/green hat and the blue striped hat are based on the watermelon hat pattern so kindly provided by the Yarn Harlot. These were both knit with Simply Soft yarn, using US9 circs. The green and yellow hats are the result of my playing around with some scrap yarn, in my effort to find a pattern I like, in addition to the little roll brims.

I still have about 3 or 4 little premie hats that just need to be stitched up and then will be ready to go to Truman hospital.

I have cast-on and have about 4 rows of the Kureyon scarf and now I get it! I knew it would self-stripe, but I had no idea all of the subtle shade differences are in that one little ball of wool. It's so much fun to see what's coming next. I can't tell yet if I like the way the garter stitch is going to look knit lengthwise, and only hope we don't hear the croaking of friggin froggin around here!

No comments: