7.23.2006

Grits And ButterBeans


GRITS (Aug 24 - Sept 23)
Your highest aim is to be with others like yourself. You like to huddle together with a big crowd of other Grits. You love to travel though, so maybe you should think about joining a club. Where do you like to go? Anywhere they have cheese, gravy, bacon, butter, or eggs. If you can go somewhere where they have all these things, that serves you well.




BUTTER BEAN (Oct 24 - Nov 22)

Always invite a Butter Bean to a party because Butter Beans get along well with everybody. You, as a Butter Bean, should be proud. You've grown on the vine of life, and you feel at home no matter what the setting. You can sit next to anybody. However, you, too, shouldn't have anything to do with Moon Pies.


When I was a child, never, never did I ever imagine that I would marry a bowl of grits. David Cassidy, maybe, but grits, never. But here I am, and I must say, it's not so bad.

I had an email the other day from a friend who apparently has just discovered the Southern Zodiac. I was first introduced to this many, many years ago after I first married Mr. Grits. He was not at all amused since (1) he hates grits, being a Yankee and all that, and (2) has a low tolerence for silliness. Personally, I think he was just jealous that he was not born to be a butter bean.

Being re-introduced to this again was a lot of fun. Of course, I had to share this with Mr. Grits again, who STILL was not amused. But I'm okay with it, because I looove grits, especially when they're swimming in butter. But not butter beans, I don't think that would quite be right.

But here on the prairie, this butter bean sure does like being with her bowl of grits. And thanks her lucky stars she didn't end up with a Moon Pie!

No comments: