5.16.2007

Tagged!

I looked at my comments yesterday and discovered that I had been tagged by my fellow canine foster mom, Nichole. She does beautiful knitting and has 3 gorgeous resident dogs and one adorable foster pup. Check out the alpaca scarves she currently has on the needles.

Here are the tag rules:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blog the 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you are tagging a note in their comments so they know they have been tagged and to read your blog.

Seven Random Facts:

1. I am the only person in 3 generations on both my mother's and father's side of the family to have been born north of the Mason-Dixon line (Harve de Grace, MD). Everyone one else was born in the New Orleans area or in the bayous of Southern Louisiana. My mother always blamed all of my problems on this.

2. I have ADHD and OCD. Probably because I was born in Yankee land.

3. Through my entire school career, I hated math, especially algebra. I almost always made C's and D's (sometimes F's) in any form of arithmetic. But when I went to graduate school, I developed a perverted passion for statistics and ended up with straight A's and a statistics minor. Since I graduated, I've never had anything to do with statistics again.

4. I put myself through college as a bartender. My second career was a horticulturalist/landscaper, with occasional forays back into bartending. It was bartending that helped me figure out that I really wanted to be a psychologist.

5. I have a passion for freshly made cotton candy. Pink, not blue.

6. I taught myself to read when I was 4 and have loved it ever since.

7. I have a pretty sick sense of humor and really appreciate irony.

And now I am passing along the tagging love to:

Sonya , I love the blog-tours of her pretty hometown - her kids and doggie are also adorable

Dianne , mother of some gorgeous redheads and maker of a fabulous mitred-square blankie

Li , leave her a comment and be sure to ask for a copy of her amazing herringbone scarf

Cole , a charming bride-to-be, charity knitter and knitting crazy cat lady

KC , the farm girl will transform into an international knitter in the fall

Priscilla , who knits like a maniac for charity and has info about knitting squares for afghans for the people of Greensburg, KS. Thanks, Priscilla!

Terri , a fellow prairie girl who runs the Wednesday night knitting group that I swear I will make it to one night soon

And in knitting news, I have been working on the dishcloth I am making for the summer dishcloth swap. I haven't gotten much knitting done this week so far between late nights at work and socializing the puppies, but did manage to crank out a few more rows of the herringbone scarf. I am making a run to my favorite lys this weekend to pick up something really nice for the 3rd (and last) SP10 package. Since my spoilee lives in the subtropics, just posted her stash of about 100+balls of sock yarn (can a person really knit that many socks???) and said she'd like to try some non-sheepish fibers, I may choose some Euroflax to send her or a soy-silk. Does anyone have any experience with either of these that they can tell me about?

Finally, something has happened to the comments enabler - it's gone! I checked my template and it should be there. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will contact the geeks at Blogger and hope they can help me get this fixed.