12.18.2007

On the Fifth Day of Christmas

....my @#^@&#%@## builder gave to us, MORE PLUMBING PROBLEMS!!!

Fortunately, it wasn't the commode this time, it was the dirty, soapy water from the washing machine and Mr. C's shower that caused the drain in the unfinished part of the basement to back up. Some of it did seep under the wall and got the carpet wet, though. So this means that until this latest problem is fixed, we can't run any water in the sinks or tubs, can't flush, and can't run the dishwasher or washing machine. "Bathing" out of a smallish container is no fun and ask me how I know.

I'm trying not to dwell on this today, because in the big scheme of things it isn't the worst thing in the world. It's fixable and will be okay. But it does put me in a surly, Grinch-ish mood today. So to keep my perspective, I will divert my attention with some empty amusement calories and share 5 funny things (did you notice this rhymes with "5 golden rings"?):










2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thank you so much for this post. I have been enjoying all your Christmas posts, but I really appreciate this one. For reasons that are too complicated to explain in a brief comment, my Christmas spirit was sorely tested yesterday, too. So I needed to chuckle as well and remember that it's not all bad.

Violiknit said...

Sorry about the plumbing... but thanks for sharing the 5 funny things!