1.06.2008

Kookoo For Cocoa

We got our assignments today for the Hot Cocoa Swap. I've dropped by to peek in on my spoilee and I'm excited as we seem to have several things in common. I've also heard from my spoiler who seems to be a fan of Gryffindor. Hi EZ! I can't say that I'm a huge HP fan, but I've seen all the movies (and am catching up on reading the books). I've even taken a couple of sorting quizzes and both times have been sorted into Ravenclaw, just in case you were wondering.

Here's my Q&A for the HCS:


Cocoa:

1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? From home made recipe or store bought? In a tea cup, or big mug?


I like hot cocoa best with milk (and Kahlua!). I prefer making it from scratch with a good quality cocoa powder, but usually I don't take the time. When I want hot chocolate in a hurry, I'll use a mix but only sugar-free. And I like to drink it out of a big ol' mug.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?

Either. Both.

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet

1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?

I love natural fibers, especially alpaca and merino. I like rich, saturated colors, especially dark, chocolate brown, lime green, and shades of blue-violet. (I don't care for beiges or pastels)

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?

I am primarily a knitter. I crocheted for years, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as knitting.

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?


I love 10" bamboo needles with pointy tips the most. I can always use sz 7, 8, & 9. My favorite brand is Crystal Palace and I have a hard time finding them at my favorite lys's. I also like Addi's - especially the new ones for lace.

I'm not very interested in trying anything new because I'm the kind of person that if I like something, I stick with it for a long time. That's how I've managed to stay married for 22 years!

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?

Probably. I always seem to have what I need.


5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?


A needle case for my circs.


6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)

Scarves and baby hats.

Miscellaneous

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?


Watch TV and knit!


2. What is your favorite animal?

I am an animal lover!! I obviously love cats and dogs, but my other favorites are rabbits, meerkats, otters and birds.

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?


Not since I've moved to a colder climate. I love winter! I actually get "summer blahs" every year.


4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?


I think I stay pretty happy in the winter because I surround myself with things that I really enjoy - soft, snuggly things, knitting, good music (if you like to burn cd's, I have an iPod and an adventurous taste in music), books, yarn, snacks, yummy beverages and more knitting!


5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?

Getting back out into my garden.

6. What are your favorite treats?


Sweet - cookies, muffins, Skittles, M&M's

Salty - sea salt pita chips


7. What is your favorite board game?


I play a lot of CandyLand at work so I'm pretty burned out on it right now. I'm more of a card player - UNO, California Speed and Canasta are my favorites.


8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?

I have 2 wonderful dogs, 2 fantastic cats and sometimes furry foster babies (we'll probably be getting some new fosters in February!)


9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?


I am very allergic to smoke and to most fragrances. While I do enjoy scented lotions, soaps and candles, most of them give me a strong respiratory reaction so if you have something in mind, I'd appreciate it if you checked to find out what I can tolerate : D. And please, I beg of you, please refrain from sending me any cups or mugs - we just sent a bunch of them off to charity and it will drive Mr. C up the wall if we get even one more (this is truly one of his pet peeves. One of my favorite practical jokes was the year I bought a dozen weird mugs from the thrift store and wrapped them in a bunch of boxes - he kept opening boxes and pulling out mugs - everyone about peed their pants laughing - everyone except Mr. C that is).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Lushes? We are not, we just know what's good! =)