3.08.2008

The Road Trip Stops Here

One of my favorite non-knitting blogs belongs to Bossy. Before reading her posts, I have to put on a pair of Depends. She and I have a lot in common - we both embrace silliness, we both think John Cusack is hot, neither of us mind a little toe cleavage now and then, and we are both blond and gorgeous - okay that last bit is a lie, but I do think she is one of the funniest bloggers out there and I bow to her command of irony and sarcasm.

And now she's coming to our little corner on the prairie and I'll get to sit and visit and laugh and have some margaritas with her and some other prairie bloggers in just a few weeks. Bossy's coming to town for a meetup!!


And what is the occasion, you may ask? Certainly Kansas City isn't what springs to mind when you think "ultimate vacation destination". But our convenient location on I-70 makes us lucky enough to be part of Bossy's Excellent Road Trip. (You didn't think she was coming for the food, did you?)



At the risk of sounding stalker-ish, I can't wait - I mean, it's like meeting a rock star or something. And I'm also excited to meet the other bloggers (at least one of whom is a knitter). I was hoping she'd stay here, but I think after reading about the little incident with the middle-of-the-night-ninja-slasher-kitty, she settled on a cat-free environment, probably a wise choice.

Speaking of The Incident, I have been putting Mederma on the scars every day, and Vitamin E oil at night for about a week and a half. They're already looking much less noticeable, especially with cover-up cream. Bitsy has been trying to make up with me - she has hardly growled or hissed at me since it happened and she even let me trim her claws without trying to bite me, except once. I can only hope her good mood lasts.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

OMG I LOVE John Cusack!!! Always have since 16 Candles. and thanks for another great blog to read!!

Lapdog Creations said...

Bah! I believe we leave Charlotte May 27th to come home... we'll just miss you! :(

Lapdog Creations said...

Hey btw, can you email me your snail mail address? I have a Pay It Forward ready to go to you! :)